Etiquette: General Dojo Conduct
The general rules and procedures of the Dojo are traditional throughout the Martial Arts and are an important part of your training. They are designed to benefit everyone in the Dojo. Please familiarize yourself with them--we observe them every time we are in the Dojo.
- Students will not engage in horseplay at the school. This will not be tolerated.
- All sparring will be done in classes designated for this purpose. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- If you are late for class, bow onto the mat area and stand at attention until the Instructor bows you into class.
- No food or drink is allowed past the reception area.
- Students are expected to keep their uniform clean and neat.
- Students will address all Instructors as Mr. or Mrs. (whichever is appropriate). This includes guest or visiting Instructors.
- When responding to Instructors, Students will answer Yes Sir/M'am (as appropriate).
- Students will show respect for all Instructors and fellow Students.
The Mat Area
- No street shoes are allowed in this area.
- Students will enter this area for instruction or practice only.
- Students entering this area will be properly dressed and ready for instruction.
- All students will formally bow when entering or leaving this area.
- Students only are allowed into this area.
If you have any questions about this information, or would like more information about the Dojo, please contact us through our interactive contact form.